How to open an HD-HGLAN 250 GB ?

  • Ugarit Ebla
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 20, 2005
      Thanks James. BTW, do you know how to open an
      HD-HGLAN250GB? There is a pushable table on the
      bottom and top. I push them and nothing seems to get
      loose.

      http://linkstationwiki.org/downloads/openlink/hg-openlink-051b.zip

      __________________________________
      http://farechase.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 21, 2005
        Here is my pictorial on the subject:

        http://wartstew.homelinux.net/linkstation/Disassembly.html

        Note however that most people take the time to peel the front label
        off and properly removing the front screws instead of ripping them
        out like I did (Hey I didn't know they were there at the time).

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Ugarit Ebla
        <ugaritebla@y...> wrote:

        > Thanks James. BTW, do you know how to open an
        > HD-HGLAN250GB? There is a pushable table on the
        > bottom and top. I push them and nothing seems to get
        > loose.
        >
        > --- James Ronald <jronald@c...> wrote:
        >
        > > Ugarit
        > >
        > > The term firmware is used very loosely in the
        > > Linkstation world (I think
        > > buffalo started it) and usually refers to all the
        > > software installed by the
        > > buffalo installer. You are correct the actual
        > > firmware is really just what
        > > resides in the flash memory. Also, I doubt that
        > > your firmware is the
        > > problem. If it is, you have what we call a brick or
        > > a door stop as there is
        > > really nothing you can do to fix it. I believe in
        > > your case, and most
        > > cases, the problem is most likely that software did
        > > not install correctly to
        > > the hard drive and deleting the partitions and
        > > reinstalling the software via
        > > the installer fixes the problem 99% of the time. In
        > > regard to installing
        > > Debian, I was just saying that so long as you have
        > > the case apart you may as
        > > well install debian and be done with it. Once you
        > > have Debian installed
        > > it's very easy to install any software packages you
        > > like. You also get to
        > > setup the partitions anyway you like.

      • Ugarit Ebla
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 22, 2005
          Thank you James and Simeon

          I found this one where the harddrive does not need to
          be removed

          http://linkstationwiki.org/Articles/GeneralDisassemble

          http://farechase.yahoo.com