Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Boot to Raid

  • Anthony Migliore
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2005
      RAID is not built into the kernel, I believe it is provided as loadable
      modules. And I am using the bootloader script which loads a custom
      kernel, and the raid1.o module. So, I'm a bit confused on when the
      modules actually load, with the first boot or the second?

      I thought that boot was not really accomplished from a RAID (in RAID
      systems), but from one of the disks participating in the RAID. Once the
      boot is complete then the mirror (in my case) is activated and you get
      redundancy.

      Most of the documentation available on the web, has instructions to
      modify the lilo.conf or GRUB loader. I don't believe the Kurobox (or
      Linkstation) uses either? Does anyone have a pointer to some
      documentation that describes Kurobox boot?

      The worst part is I don't have a serial connection to this box, so I
      can't see the boot messages, unless a successful boot, ARGH!

      -- Mig