Re: Backup data from Terastation to tape

  • song_ny
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 13, 2005
      Hi Dave,

      Thanks a lot for your help. I am pretty clueless about
      Linux and Samba, so if you have a little extra time,
      can you point me to some reference that can show me
      how to "hack" the terastation and what Samba setting
      needed to be tweaked. I want window to be able to set
      the archive bit so that differential backup will work.

      Thanks again,

      Brian

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "song_ny" <song_ny@y...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks a lot for your reply.
      >
      > I have spent hours on google trying to find a solution for my problem.
      > TeraStation uses linux ext3 file system, which I am not very familiar
      > with.
      > To quote the article you pointed out,
      > "Samba works around this by tweaking the owner bits on ext2. For an
      > explanation on how this is done, and some further explanation of
      > Windows filesystem bits, see this document."
      > at the mean time, I wonder if Samba is already installed on
      Terastation.