Re: PCast with Samsung i730

  • Sanjay Srivastava
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 11, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "fuserules"
      <fuserules@y...> wrote:

      > Sorry not much help with your questions. But I found you using
      PCast
      > with Winamp interesting. Do you mind sharing how you set that up?

      Playing video is fine, but playing audio is tedious. You have to
      manually create the playlist. I suppose you of someone in this forum
      can write some sort of a script to flush the content for the
      appropriate player.
      Anyway, navigate to the PCast browser window (http://host:8000).
      Click on the music button and choose the file(s) you would like to
      play. From the ensuing window, take the content such as this one:
      ABC%20-%20CDE|0|0|http://home.dnservice.net:8000/Home/My%
      20Music/A.R.%20Jury/ABC%20-%20CDE.mp3 (IGNORE THE LAST CHARACTER)
      Either enter the url in WinAmp. It should work. If you ignore
      everything before http in the code above, you can also play it in
      WMP.
      If you want to play the entire folder, manually edit a WMP playlist
      giving the URL of the media file you want to play or copy the code
      from the browser and enter it into an existing WinAmp playlist. You
      can edit these playlists in wordpad. Follow the syntax and you
      should be fine.
    • fuserules
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 11, 2005
        Thanks!
        That is interesting, I will give it a try.