Re: Netatalk installation issues

  • lalunas10
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <patchets@s...> wrote:
      [...]
      > I'm a mac user and I installed the newest Netatalk (2.0.3) to be able to copy files with
      long file
      > names to an appletalk share(which is absolutely necessary when copying my iTunes
      library). I
      > used the instructions that were on this group which got Netatalk installed and running,
      but
      > for some reason it will only work with guest access. None of the users and passwords I
      set up
      > through the Linkstation webpage are working. Does anyone know what might be going
      wrong
      > or what I could do to try and debug this?

      My /etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.default contains lines like:

      /mnt/mt-daapd "mt-daapd" allow:user1,
      /mnt/opt "opt" allow:user1,user2,user3,

      Make sure the users are permitted to use these directories, on the OS level!

      > And on that same vein, I was wondering if it would be possible to change the name of
      the
      > AppleTalk server. Going through the Linkstation webpage it makes the server name in
      all
      > caps, which is horribly ugly.

      Adjust /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname, and /etc/howl/mDNSResponder.conf once it is
      installed.

      -Andre