Re: Slow data transfer rates to linkstation

  • schpapsch
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2005
      Jack,

      Did switching to DHCP make any difference for you? I am happy with
      my LS with the exception of the horrible transfer rates. Took me 22
      hours to transfer 23gb of date at 100-based T. That's far worse than
      10-based T.

      Anyone else have any success tweaking the performance of this thing?

      Jeremy

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jackcu1961"
      <jackcu1961@y...> wrote:

      > To answer the earlier question - yes, it's a new USB2 device. I
      have
      > the Linkstation set to a static address - I'll try it using DHCP
      and
      > see if it improves the situation.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Jack.
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "haberschnasel"
      > <haberschnasel@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "irvine_stock"
      > > <r_obermeyer@p...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Try running two different treads at the same time.
      > > > Like two copies of different data from the same XP machine.
      > > > Mine goes from very slow to very fast. ~7Mb with two threads.
      > > > When the two treads drops back to 1 the data rate goes back to
      > almost
      > > > nothing. Seems like a IP lookup problem to me but have not
      fixed
      > it
      > > yet.
      > >
      > > We had some network performance discussion on the Wiki
      > > http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/index.php?
      > action=vthread&forum=4&topic=131
      > >
      > > I experienced periodic drops in performance when setting my LS to
      > > static IP. When I use dhcp (from my router), it never happens.
      So I