ESMTP Proxy Server (port 25) open on the Linkstation ?

  • dwhitt_uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2005
      Hi, quick question - I was sad enough to port scan my linkstation and
      came across port 25 (ESMPT server) being open. It doesn't sound like
      a service that needs to be on a NAS drive. Any reason why its there ????

      output===>
      220 AVG ESMTP Proxy Server 7.0.362/7.1.362 [267.12.8/162]
      quit
      221 Asta la vista

      Connection to host lost.
    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 8, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dwhitt_uk" <dwhitt_uk@y...> wrote:

        > Hi, quick question - I was sad enough to port scan my linkstation and
        > came across port 25 (ESMPT server) being open. It doesn't sound like
        > a service that needs to be on a NAS drive. Any reason why its there ????
        >
        > output===>
        > 220 AVG ESMTP Proxy Server 7.0.362/7.1.362 [267.12.8/162]

        Umm, are you sure you scanned your LS and not your XP box?

        -Andre