Re: Bricked LS2

  • powderskiboi
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2005
      I have now disasembled my LS2 and gained access to all partitions
      (fix_ext2_magic now seems to work) is there anything that anyone can
      sugest I could do to identify what is not running?

      Current status is that my box currently appears to boot and then
      aproximatly every 5 minutes the activity light flashes and there is a
      short period of activity, is this some sort of watchdog or bootup
      timeout interveining and forcing a reboot?

      I have found a file called log.tar.gz containing a load of logs runing
      up to the date if all went wrong anyone think they can extract
      anything useful from it?

      currently var seems to sym link to /mnt/ram/var is that just because
      I'm in Knoppix? does this mean that all logs get writen to the ram disk?

      Can I get any sort of logs out of the LS2 in its current state?

      Help!!!

      TIA

      Mike

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "powderskiboi"