Re: How to move files with foreign characters to LinkStation ?

  • sdhfsdh
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2005

      I have the same problem with my 120GB Linkstation. I hacked it and
      installed a newer version of Samba. Now it works.

      cu Andreas

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "fy789" <fy789@y...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Just bought a 250GB Linkstation, and will like to use it
      > as a network drive to store movies and songs. However, some
      > of the filenames will have Asian characters and LS does
      > not allow me to move those files to LS ? Any hint to solve
      > this problem ?
      > Is this a general problem for Linux files ? No binary
      > characters in filenames and only ASCII ?
      >

      > Thanks for your answer in advance,
      > Peter.

    • fy789
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2005
        Thanks Andreas !

        Do you document the procedures to update the samba server?
        I already have root access !

        Thanks,
        Peter.
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "sdhfsdh" <sdhfsdh@y...>