How to move files with foreign characters to LinkStation ?

  • fy789
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2005
      Hi all,

      Just bought a 250GB Linkstation, and will like to use it
      as a network drive to store movies and songs. However, some
      of the filenames will have Asian characters and LS does
      not allow me to move those files to LS ? Any hint to solve
      this problem ?
      Is this a general problem for Linux files ? No binary
      characters in filenames and only ASCII ?

      Thanks for your answer in advance,
      Peter.
    • sdhfsdh
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2005
        Hi,

        I have the same problem with my 120GB Linkstation. I hacked it and
        installed a newer version of Samba. Now it works.

        cu Andreas

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "fy789" <fy789@y...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Just bought a 250GB Linkstation, and will like to use it
        > as a network drive to store movies and songs. However, some
        > of the filenames will have Asian characters and LS does
        > not allow me to move those files to LS ? Any hint to solve
        > this problem ?
        > Is this a general problem for Linux files ? No binary
        > characters in filenames and only ASCII ?
        >

        > Thanks for your answer in advance,
        > Peter.

      • fy789
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 30, 2005
          Thanks Andreas !

          Do you document the procedures to update the samba server?
          I already have root access !

          Thanks,
          Peter.
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "sdhfsdh" <sdhfsdh@y...>