Re: Slow data transfer rates to linkstation

  • irvine_stock
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 25, 2005
      Try running two different treads at the same time.
      Like two copies of different data from the same XP machine.
      Mine goes from very slow to very fast. ~7Mb with two threads.
      When the two treads drops back to 1 the data rate goes back to almost
      nothing. Seems like a IP lookup problem to me but have not fixed it yet.
      Rich
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Neil Catley"
      <n.catley@b...> wrote:

      > Is it def a USB2 drive ?
      >

      > _____

      cation+and+networking&w2=Buffalo+linkstation&w3=Wireless+communication+and+n
      > etworking&c=3&s=102&.sig=FI1hDus-Kg_Fc-ah27gPDQ> and networking
      >
      > Buffalo

      d+networking&w2=Buffalo+linkstation&w3=Wireless+communication+and+networking
      > &c=3&s=102&.sig=JuNxhUybHVSskKc672IyrA> linkstation
      >
      > Wireless

      1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Buffalo+linkstation&w3=Wireless+communicat
      > ion+and+networking&c=3&s=102&.sig=hf7OqG0BCqzOtbSlUM9Fmg>
      communication and
      > networking
      >

      > _____
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      > * Visit your group "LinkStation_General
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LinkStation_General> " on the web.

      > _____

    • haberschnasel
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 26, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "irvine_stock"
        <r_obermeyer@p...> wrote:

        > Try running two different treads at the same time.
        > Like two copies of different data from the same XP machine.
        > Mine goes from very slow to very fast. ~7Mb with two threads.
        > When the two treads drops back to 1 the data rate goes back to almost
        > nothing. Seems like a IP lookup problem to me but have not fixed it
        yet.

        We had some network performance discussion on the Wiki
        http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=4&topic=131

        I experienced periodic drops in performance when setting my LS to
        static IP. When I use dhcp (from my router), it never happens. So I
        stayed with dhcp.

        Best,
        h.
      • jackcu1961
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 27, 2005
          To answer the earlier question - yes, it's a new USB2 device. I have
          the Linkstation set to a static address - I'll try it using DHCP and
          see if it improves the situation.

          Thanks,

          Jack.

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "haberschnasel"
          <haberschnasel@y...> wrote:

          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "irvine_stock"
          > <r_obermeyer@p...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Try running two different treads at the same time.
          > > Like two copies of different data from the same XP machine.
          > > Mine goes from very slow to very fast. ~7Mb with two threads.
          > > When the two treads drops back to 1 the data rate goes back to
          almost
          > > nothing. Seems like a IP lookup problem to me but have not fixed
          it
          > yet.
          >
          > We had some network performance discussion on the Wiki
          > http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/index.php?
          action=vthread&forum=4&topic=131

          > I experienced periodic drops in performance when setting my LS to
          > static IP. When I use dhcp (from my router), it never happens. So I
          > stayed with dhcp.
          >
          > Best,
          > h.

        • schpapsch
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 6, 2005
            Jack,

            Did switching to DHCP make any difference for you? I am happy with
            my LS with the exception of the horrible transfer rates. Took me 22
            hours to transfer 23gb of date at 100-based T. That's far worse than
            10-based T.

            Anyone else have any success tweaking the performance of this thing?

            Jeremy

            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jackcu1961"