Strange noises on boot

  • joey_giordano
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 24, 2005
      I recently have been having problems with my UPS and lost power to my
      linkstation (hard crash). After it being off for a couple of hours I
      power it back on and it sounds almost like a tape drive rewinding,
      this has only happened the past 2 times. Has anyone had a similar problem?
    • pcplob
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 24, 2005
        It might be the fan sticking/grinding - fans often start showing
        initial signs of failure after being sat still for a bit...

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "joey_giordano"