Re: [LinkStation_General] Diag LED blinks 6 times, then pause... - what to do?
- Note that fsck did not reset the "counter" for me. There must be another mechanism at work that triggers maintenance mode.
Look for my "final" post on this subject recently for how I resolved the situation when I was in the same boat as you. Basically, I manually applied part of the patch that was needed to get the LS to boot after it switched into the "6 month maintenance mode". I put the HD in my desktop, booted Knoppix, modified a couple of scripts, then everything was fine.
I don't know if your problem is the same as mine was, but this method worked for me.
I know this question has come up quite a few times. I did my
research before I post this:
- It means "HDD not found" or "ppc_uartd not started".
- It happens, when the Linkstation checks the file system and can't
finish that before the Watchdog switches the Linkstation off.
- I already know how to open the case and connect the HD to my PC at
- I've found the fix_ext2_magic - download and ran it in order to
gain access to the Harddisk.
- I've done a fsck on the Harddisk. Looks fine. And should reset
the 'counter', shouldn't it?
- I've put the HDD back into the Linkstation.
It still doesn't work.
Where's my mistake?
Thanks for the help,