Re: Upgrading Netatalk using Tutorial and MIPSEL-TOOLS-2

  • lalunas10
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "prezet2005" <powell.lee.imac@g...> wrote:
      > I'm trying to upgrade my mipsel 160g linkstation to netatalk 2. Before finding the tutorial
      on this site I'd already installed openlink v0.52b and mipsel tools v2 all from
      linkstationwiki.org

      > Now, going through the tutorial there are some things which are different. e.g. the part in
      the tutorial where it mentions creating a 'true' script in /bin directory now already exists
      after I'd installed openlink and it seems to be pointing to busybox. Should I delete this,
      create another? confused?

      DON'T delete it, busybox is a "crammed" collection of programs, including /bin/true.

      > In the tutorial, could I just jump straight to compiliing the new netatalk etc?

      Just try it. If it doesn't work, you can still install what's missing, if anything.

      -Andre