Upgrading Netatalk using Tutorial and MIPSEL-TOOLS-2

  • prezet2005
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2005
      Hi all

      I'm trying to upgrade my mipsel 160g linkstation to netatalk 2. Before finding the tutorial on
      this site I'd already installed openlink v0.52b and mipsel tools v2 all from linkstationwiki.org

      Now, going through the tutorial there are some things which are different. e.g. the part in the
      tutorial where it mentions creating a 'true' script in /bin directory now already exists after I'd
      installed openlink and it seems to be pointing to busybox. Should I delete this, create
      another? confused?

      Also, the binaries the author mentions about installing, I'm not sure if they're all included in
      the mipsel tools provided by linkstationwiki and any advise would be appreciated.....

      In the tutorial, could I just jump straight to compiliing the new netatalk etc?
    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 22, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "prezet2005" <powell.lee.imac@g...> wrote:
        > I'm trying to upgrade my mipsel 160g linkstation to netatalk 2. Before finding the tutorial
        on this site I'd already installed openlink v0.52b and mipsel tools v2 all from
        linkstationwiki.org

        > Now, going through the tutorial there are some things which are different. e.g. the part in
        the tutorial where it mentions creating a 'true' script in /bin directory now already exists
        after I'd installed openlink and it seems to be pointing to busybox. Should I delete this,
        create another? confused?

        DON'T delete it, busybox is a "crammed" collection of programs, including /bin/true.

        > In the tutorial, could I just jump straight to compiliing the new netatalk etc?

        Just try it. If it doesn't work, you can still install what's missing, if anything.

        -Andre