Re: Getting my hard disk to spin down and cron

  • born_daniel
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2005
      I installed "Cool n' Quiet" on my LS-I and noticed in the logs that
      the disk would spin down after 30 minutes of inactivity and then
      would spin right back up within seconds. I looked into those
      AutoFan* scripts and noticed that it would log spin ups and spin
      downs (wouldn't logging something to a log file cause a write to the
      disk??) so I took it out. Didn't have more time to investigate
      unfortunately.

      Daniel

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Frenchy "