Windows XP intermittant connectivity

  • Charles Medcoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2005
      Just bought a HD-H160LAN a couple days ago. It is running firmware
      1.47. My connections keep dropping regards of whether I am trying to
      access it via a UNC or a mapped driver. I've tried UNC's and IP's in
      both cases.

      I'll be running the ntbackup utility from the command line using the
      various ways of accessing the share described above. I also have a
      "folder" open the share so I can watch the backup file grow. The
      backup begins and file starts to grow but then all of a sudden and
      that window disappears/closes and the backup failes. I can ping the
      linkstation at that point but cannot hit the www server via a browser
      or telnet. If I wait a few minutes I can connect again. Tech support
      was no help: only suggesting using IP access instead of netbios.

      I really like this box (other than dropping connections) and don't
      want to return it but dropping connections is not acceptable.

      Any suggestions? I've tried turning off my firewall