Linkstation is damaged by firmware ubgrade!!

  • fasi200001
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2005
      Hallo,

      i have tryed to update der firmwareversion 1.47 to my linkstaton. In
      the middle of the update the transmission interrupted. Then i can´t
      reach my data and the web-surface. So i tryed to update the firmware
      again. It breaked off with the error "Attempt to renew firmware has
      failed". Then i opened the Linkstation to save my data on my pc. Now i
      erased the whole partitions and tryed to update the firmware again.
      But i can´t reach the web-surface any more. When i send a ping to the
      Linkstation, i become an answer.
      I hope that you cane help me to become the original status.

      Thank you!
    • Ulrich Klakow
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2005
        LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com schrieb am 10.10.05 10:54:11:
        > Hallo,
        >
        > i have tryed to update der firmwareversion 1.47 to my linkstaton. In
        > the middle of the update the transmission interrupted. Then i can´t
        > reach my data and the web-surface. So i tryed to update the firmware
        > again. It breaked off with the error "Attempt to renew firmware has
        > failed". Then i opened the Linkstation to save my data on my pc. Now i
        > erased the whole partitions and tryed to update the firmware again.
        > But i can´t reach the web-surface any more. When i send a ping to the
        > Linkstation, i become an answer.
        > I hope that you cane help me to become the original status.
        >
        > Thank you!

        > Communication and networking Buffalo linkstation Wireless communication and networking

        Hello user,

        at begin, sorry for me bad english, i am a german!
        Me be you have a chance with the com port inside LinkStation.
        Except you have to make a TTL(3,5V)->RS232 interface for conection to your PC.
        Than it is posibile to communicate with your Linkstantion.

        best regards, Ulrich Klakow