Re: Please help: Update LS from 2.0 to 2.05 failed, LS is not accessable

  • irvine_stock
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2005
      Fred,
      Don't worry your pictures should be OK. Don't try anything crazy
      though. The updater didn't like the linux partition they use.
      Your pictures are on a different share that updater pretty much leaves
      alone.
      Make sure all your firewall software is shutdown before you run
      updater. The ports the updater uses are usually blocked.
      Then try it again.
      Rich
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "fredfred_t"
      <fredfred_t@y...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I updated my LS HD-H250LAN from a 2.00 Firmware to a 2.05 version
      > available at http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads-
      > product.php?productid=72.
      >
      > The update program stopped with the message: 'Update failed'. The
      > box seems to be in a strange mood:
      > -If I use the IP Setup Utility it finds the Box
      > under the Name 'HD-HLAN-EM',
      > with no WorkGroup Name,
      > IP Address 192.168.11.150 and
      > Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
      > -I can´t access the Web Config even if I change the IP to
      > 192.168.0.4 but with this the box is pingable
      > -After a shutdown the box is once again shifted to IP Address
      > 192.168.11.150
      > -Firmware shown by IP Setup Utility is '6.00'
      > -No drives are assignable
      >
      > I get killed by my girl friend as all photos of our 8 Month old
      > doughter are on the HD, could someone please help?
      >
      > Thxs Fred
      >
      > My problem

    • fredfred_t
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2005
        ... solved it. It was the well known Firewall problem.

        Thxs Fred