Please help: Update LS from 2.0 to 2.05 failed, LS is not accessable

  • fredfred_t
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2005

      I updated my LS HD-H250LAN from a 2.00 Firmware to a 2.05 version
      available at http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads-
      product.php?productid=72.

      The update program stopped with the message: 'Update failed'. The
      box seems to be in a strange mood:
      -If I use the IP Setup Utility it finds the Box
      under the Name 'HD-HLAN-EM',
      with no WorkGroup Name,
      IP Address 192.168.11.150 and
      Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
      -I can´t access the Web Config even if I change the IP to
      192.168.0.4 but with this the box is pingable
      -After a shutdown the box is once again shifted to IP Address
      192.168.11.150
      -Firmware shown by IP Setup Utility is '6.00'
      -No drives are assignable

      I get killed by my girl friend as all photos of our 8 Month old
      doughter are on the HD, could someone please help?

      Thxs Fred

      My problem
    • irvine_stock
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2005
        Fred,
        Don't worry your pictures should be OK. Don't try anything crazy
        though. The updater didn't like the linux partition they use.
        Your pictures are on a different share that updater pretty much leaves
        alone.
        Make sure all your firewall software is shutdown before you run
        updater. The ports the updater uses are usually blocked.
        Then try it again.
        Rich
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "fredfred_t"
        <fredfred_t@y...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I updated my LS HD-H250LAN from a 2.00 Firmware to a 2.05 version
        > available at http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads-
        > product.php?productid=72.
        >
        > The update program stopped with the message: 'Update failed'. The
        > box seems to be in a strange mood:
        > -If I use the IP Setup Utility it finds the Box
        > under the Name 'HD-HLAN-EM',
        > with no WorkGroup Name,
        > IP Address 192.168.11.150 and
        > Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
        > -I can´t access the Web Config even if I change the IP to
        > 192.168.0.4 but with this the box is pingable
        > -After a shutdown the box is once again shifted to IP Address
        > 192.168.11.150
        > -Firmware shown by IP Setup Utility is '6.00'
        > -No drives are assignable
        >
        > I get killed by my girl friend as all photos of our 8 Month old
        > doughter are on the HD, could someone please help?
        >
        > Thxs Fred
        >
        > My problem

      • fredfred_t
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2005
          ... solved it. It was the well known Firewall problem.

          Thxs Fred