Re: HTTP server help

  • prb0x
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Nick Pappas
      <nwpappas@g...> wrote:

      > Hello all.
      >
      > This is actually a little off topic, but hopefully someone can help.
      > I have a LS2 with the telnet enabled firmware installed, and have
      > installed lighttpd and subversion (amoung a few other things).
      >
      > I can access my HTTP server via my internal IP address (though port
      > 81) and, if I have port 81 forwarded on my router, I can type in my
      > dyndns.org address and get my page. But, as soon as I attempt to
      > access the page from outside my home network it fails. If the port is
      > closed, the connection is outright refused. If it is open, the
      > connection times out -- which makes me think that the problem is
      > actually in the LinkStation.
      >
      > Anyone have any suggestions on why my LS2 might be refusing traffic
      > coming from outside my internal network and how I can fix it?
      >
      > Thanks!

      What happens if you set the port forwarding on your router to 80. Do
      you then get the Linkstation setup pages? If so then you have not
      configure lighttpd to listen on all addresses I think or at least
      public addresses.

      Are you sure you are forwarding TCP?

      What does netstat -a tell you?
      you should have: