Re: What do do now? ---> Problem solved!

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "eykamp" <chris@e...> wrote:
      > I think I finally figured it out. My Linkstation is running
      > normally now, everything seems to be back in shape.

      > I'm emerging a whole lot of stuff as I write this.
      >
      > Not bad for a guy who knows nothing about Linux! ;-)

      Not bat at all! Gentoo is not a Linux distro for newbies. It is very
      good in the long run however, as long as you don't mind the lengthy
      emerge/compile times. Especially long on the 200Mhz Linkstation, but
      in theory your system should have a little tighter and faster running
      code than those of us that went the Debian route. Installed software
      should be much newer versions too.

      Keep it up and please keep us informed on your progress. Since most
      of the Gentoo usage has been mostly constrained to kurobox owners (who
      might become a rare and dying breed, sorry to say), it would be good
      for some of us LS owners to get up to speed on this so all their
      knowledge and experience would not be lost.