RE: [LinkStation_General] Kurobox.com

  • David Taylor
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 30, 2005
      >Ok something I have been wanting to make right on the list is this: Kuro is
      >from Revolution. Revolution is a division/subsidiary of Buffalo. It is
      >Revolution's resposibility rto make Kurobox succesful, not Buffalo. If
      >Revolution fails, Buffalo will stop funding Revolution and continue on.
      >Notice the amount of Linkstation FW releases. Linkstation is a Buffalo
      >product and has a totally different team than Kurobox. Now I am not niave,
      >Buffalo has a vested interest, bad PR for one, to help make Revolution
      >succeed, but this is at arm's length. Truthfully, I think that the complaints
      >about Kurobox on this list, and thus discrediting Linkstation, make more of a
      >corporate impact than calling Revolution and complaining. The boycott message
      >before shows a direct link from bad Kurobox support to less Buffalo sales.
      >BUT taken too far Buffalo could presumably amputate the limb and get the same
      >benefit in the long run as make Kurobox successful.
      >Buffalo will be around in 3 years, they are a diverse co. The question is will
      >Revolution be around in 3 years? The jury is out.

      You are correct. One option would be for Buffalo to just cut out Revolution. I would like to think they wouldn't do that. I would hope that the president of Revolution would realize this and try to make the company's employees do a better job. How much work could it possibly be to run revolution. They have no technical support (except warranty claims) and actually market the product as such. We don't even want firmware upgrades, just the ability to do them ourselves (as they also promised)

      From where I sit, they are little more than a shipping facility with a domain name. The Wiki and forums should boost sales and they don't even have to maintain it. All that is required is to host the site. Volunteers will do the work. Give that company to me and I'll make it work. It could easily be a cash cow.

      I would imagine Buffalo wants Revolution to succeed. After all, how often does a computer/software company get to produce a product that requires absolutely no support after delivery?

      By the way, Buffalo killing Revolution is a non-issue because from where I sit, there would be exactly no effect on the current Kuro owners. Right now we get nothing from Revolution or Buffalo. Kill Revolution and we get the exact same.

      David Taylor
    • snatcher93
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 17, 2005
        As sven is unable to put the forum back, i created this forum :
        http://kuroboxhg.free.fr/forum/ so the kurobox community can continue
        old good things ;)
        Let's join it ;)

        Sylver