Boot Up Problem....can't enter Debian after restart...

  • vfhang
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2005
      After i sucessfully isntall the linux for a week....something happened
      today....i turn on the machine as usual...swap the partition and then
      restart....

      this time the machine do not start as usual....just like what the other
      pp suggest here...green light keep flashing...lots of HD
      activity...then after 5 mins...shup dn and DIAG LED blink for 6 times...

      I understand its the disc checking problem...but what can i do?

      the machine did not accept Telent or SSH connections....

      should I open the box (which is not preferable...)...as i only have a
      Mac Mini and a P4 Win XP machine at home....difficult to find a 2nd
      Linux computer to fix it...

      Please suggest what can i do? will the "reset" button at the back help?