Re: [LinkStation_General] Firmware update

  • Arias Hung
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 28 7:55 PM
      On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Ewald Muessig delivered in simple text monotone:

      >Hi,
      >
      >I wanted to upgrade the firmware of my HD-HG300LAN. The progress
      >inidcator of the firmware installer went up to the end, then I
      >got an error message that the upgrade failed.
      >
      >Now, the diag LED blinks 5 times, then a small pause and 5 times
      >again ...
      >
      >Anything I can do?
      >
      >Ewald

      Hellacious.

      The dreaded five diag blink. Too bad kuro forums aren't back up since there have been a number of us with that problem before.

      Try the various tricks to attempt to force it into EM mode. Make sure to completely power cycle each time you try. For some reason, if you plug it back in too fast it won't properly power cycle. Give it at least a few minutes between powering it on.

      First thing, try to power cycle with the back button pressed in. See if that forces into EM mode.

      If that doesn't work, then you'll have to open it up (not sure if that kills your warranty on the linkstatation. If it does, you might have to RMA) and remove the drive and put in a blank drive in order to force into EM mode.

      I've attached a uartd.txt that has some EM mode info that you may want to try.