OpenSSH installation on LS

  • onkel98
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2005
      I managed to get telnet/root access to my LS and got Slimserver
      running. Now, I'd like to install OpenSSH, but I'm a little stumped,
      how to do that.
      Is there any detailed tutorial available (similar to the Slimserver
      instructions) for that?
      The installation instructions on the OpenSSH website are a little
      sparse:
      ./configure
      make
      make install
      I assume, I put the OpenSSH tar.gz file in some temporary directory
      and untar it. But what about the ./config command? Where do I go, to
      execute it? And what does it do? And how do I configure OpenSSH after
      I get it installed?
      Lots of questions...
      Thanks!