Problem with CGI perl scripts and second copy of thttpd

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18 7:58 AM
      Hi,
      Just getting to grips with LS hacking.. I have an LS 1 and have got
      root access ok, then followed the details over at
      http://linkstationwiki.org/Articles/GeneralThttpd on how to create
      another web server.

      The problem I have is running cgi scripts, I've modified the
      thttpd2.conf file to allow **.cgi (cgi can run from anywhere) but
      whenever I try to access a cgi page I get the following;

      500 Internal Error
      There was an unusual problem serving the requested
      URL '/ffileman.cgi'.
      -----------

      thttpd/2.25b 29dec2003

      tried with different cgi files and they're all the same, I've made
      sure permissions are set to 755 .. so must be something I'm missing.

      Any help greatly appreciated.
    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 18 8:45 PM
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew" <andrew@k...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > Just getting to grips with LS hacking.. I have an LS 1 and have got
        > root access ok, then followed the details over at
        > http://linkstationwiki.org/Articles/GeneralThttpd on how to create
        > another web server.
        >
        > The problem I have is running cgi scripts, I've modified the
        > thttpd2.conf file to allow **.cgi (cgi can run from anywhere) but

        From the man page: "Restricting CGI programs to a single directory lets the site
        administrator review them for security holes, and is strongly recommended."

        > whenever I try to access a cgi page I get the following;
        > 500 Internal Error
        > There was an unusual problem serving the requested
        > URL '/ffileman.cgi'.

        Are you connecting on port 81?

        > thttpd/2.25b 29dec2003
        >
        > tried with different cgi files and they're all the same, I've made
        > sure permissions are set to 755 .. so must be something I'm missing.

        Again, I would opt for another cgi directiry, like /www/cgi-bin3 (on LS1)

        -Andre