Anybody notice the I/O of Terrastations are SLOW???

  • lordboots
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2005
      I know there've been speed complaints on the devices, but I'm talking
      REAL slow speeds. I have a 400GB external USB 2.0 drive that we can
      usually fill up from a PC in about 7 hours doing a copy from the PC to it.

      I put the version 1.12 on it with root access, and I go in via the CLI
      to do file transfers from the usb mounts to the Array. I've noticed
      when I'm doing a transfer from the machine itself over the USB, it
      takes close to 24 hours to do a 400GB copy.

      Anybody have any idea on why it is SO slow?

      Dave