Linkstation & Slim server

  • zuppazzz
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2005
      Hi Guys,

      I'am planning to buy squeeze box 2 and a linkstation 120gb to server
      the files.
      Before I spend my well safed money I have some questions.

      - do the new linkstations have shell access ?
      if not can I downgrade by linkstation ?
      - Is the box fast enough to server very large mp3 collections ?

      These are the most important issues for me.

      Thx in advance
    • Sasha
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 15, 2005
        Hi, I have slimserver running on old Linkstation 1. I don't know how
        to answer your 1st question, but the answer to the 2nd question is
        "yes, probably". I have about 200 GB of music and Linkstation
        handles it reasonably well. I usually browse music by directory. It
        takes a few seconds to open a folder with several hundreds of entries,
        but it's fine with me. The original scan of music was kind of slow.
        It took several hours. But you need to do it only when you add new music.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "zuppazzz" <zuppaman@g...>