Twonkyvision on Linkstation for Dummys...

  • indy_fan007
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2005
      Dear experts out there...

      I must admit that I know little more than nothing about Linux - you can
      blame me but my knowledge is limited to Windows (and OS/2, rest in
      peace...) But now I want to use the linkstation (LS I), which is the
      home of my MP3-Files, as an UPnP-Server. Until now I didn't need this
      becaus my Turtle-Beach Audiotron works fine with windows-shares, but
      all the modern MP3-Players use this UPnP-stuff.

      I read nearly everything I found in the web about making the
      Twonkyvision run on the Linkstation. But I understood nothing...
      Please - is there a simple step-by-step manual which tells me what
      buttons I have to press on my keyboard...? Please...?

      Thanks a lot in advance!

      Christian Ludwig from Essen, Germany

      P.S.: Please....:-)))
    • maeuropa
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2005
        Download the trial software from Twonkyvision. There is a step-by-step
        readme file included. If you have already hacked into your Linkstation
        then you can skip the top section of the instructions.

        The real trick is getting the server to load on startup. Someone was
        nice enough to include a script and directions on how to do that in the
        Files section of this site.