Need help for usb automount with Murakasi

  • snatcher93
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 7, 2005
      Hi there !
      I'm actually in the process of making the kurobox HG better than it
      is with the standard system image (and there is a lot of work !!!) !
      Maybe some of you already have seen my image for the kurobox
      (sylver's image => you can check @
      http://www.kurobox.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=708 when kurobox.com
      will have paid his provider bill ...)

      So, after replacing some old applications with some recent
      applications (inetd => xinetd, thttpd => lighttpd, vsftpd instead of
      the old ftp server ...), and creating a recent building environment
      (gcc 3.4.4 ...), my next work is to make USB devices automount
      working on the kurobox HG (for now, automount doesn't work ) !

      Here is what i know / what i have already done :

      - Murasaki is the application installed on the kurobox HG to handle
      USB devices (and PCI devices too i think), it catch events like usb
      device inserted / usb device removed ...

      - It runs at startup and detects devices (so a cat /proc/scsi/scsi
      give me a list of plugged usb devices)

      - There is an automount script in /etc/murasaki/bin , it's using a
      configuration file in /etc/murasaki to know what to mount and where
      to mount (format is "search_string partition_to_mount where_to_mount
      partition_type", so i add a ".*storage.* 0 /mnt/usbdevice1 vfat" line
      in the file, and i add a call to that script @ startup (added a line
      in /etc/init.d/murasaki). This way, it's working to mount devices
      (only first usb device as i can't ma a difference between device 1 &
      device 2) @ startup ! But it's not working to automount/autounmount
      when inserting/removing the usb key !

      As i don't know very well the murasaki application, i need help from
      someone with a linkstation (V1) to give me the scripts that are in
      the box (/etc/murasaki directory + /etc/init.d/murasaki + stuff about
      murasaki in /sbin), so i can check how the automount stuff is done ...

      It would be great if someone could send me these files ( snatcher93
      at rocketmail.com ) or give me a link to a linkstation v1 disk image !

      Thanks in advance,

      Sylver
    • snatcher93
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 7, 2005
        Ok, i have found an image of a linkstation hard drive :)
        I have checked the scripts and there are pretty different from the ones
        i got ;) I took what was interesting (mainly /etc/init.d/murakasi
        & /etc/murakasi/bin/mount_sd.sh)

        But i still got a problem : the script mount_sd.sh parse the
        file /mnt2/usbinfo/list to know what device it have to mount, but my
        list file is empty, so i wonder if someone could send me his file (with
        usb devices connected) or even better, tell me what application create
        & update this file !

        Thanks,

        Sylver
      • snatcher93
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 8, 2005
          Ok, so i'm the first one to check how murasaki application works :op
          I'm not far from having something that works the same way the
          linkstation does, by doing the following things :
          - copying scripts in /etc/murakasi & /etc/init.d/murakasi
          - corrected a bug in /etc/init.d/murakasi (yes there is an error in
          all linkstations : if you run "/etc/init.d/murakasi start" you'll get
          a non fatal error because of a space missing after the "2" in "if [
          $# -eq 2] ; then")
          - copying /usr/bin/parse_usbscsi (this is the application that fills
          the /mnt2/usbinfo/list , but for some unknown reason, it only fills
          with something is the usb device is an external hard drive, not an
          usb key !)

          With that, if i power on the kurobox with an external hard drive
          connected to, it is mounted as startup in /mnt2/usbdisk1 ! Exactly
          like what it should !

          There is a problem when hotplug/unplug : it's not mounting the
          drive/unmounting it ! I checked in the system log and hotplug/unplug
          is detected :

          Sep 8 08:05:31 KURO-BOX kernel: hub.c: new USB device 00:0e.2-1,
          assigned address 2
          Sep 8 08:05:31 KURO-BOX murasaki.usb[206]: beep is defined as "off"
          Sep 8 08:05:31 KURO-BOX murasaki.usb[206]: usb device is added
          Sep 8 08:05:31 KURO-BOX murasaki.usb[206]: vendor:0x930
          product:0x6533 Dclass:0x0 Dsubclass:0x0 Dprotocol:0x0 Iclass:0x8
          Isubclass:0x6 Iprotocol:0x50
          Sep 8 08:05:31 KURO-BOX murasaki.usb[206]: MATCH( usb-storage) ->
          match_flags:0x380 vendor:0x0 product:0x0 Dclass:0x0 Dsubclass:0x0
          Dprotocol:0x0 Iclass:0x8 Isubclass:0x6 Iprotocol:0x50

          Sep 8 08:05:35 KURO-BOX kernel: usb.c: USB disconnect on device
          00:0e.2-1 address 2
          Sep 8 08:05:35 KURO-BOX murasaki.usb[207]: beep is defined as "off"
          Sep 8 08:05:35 KURO-BOX murasaki.usb[207]: usb device is removed
          Sep 8 08:05:35 KURO-BOX murasaki.usb[207]: vendor:0x930
          product:0x6533 Dclass:0x0 Dsubclass:0x0 Dprotocol:0x0 Iclass:0x8
          Isubclass:0x6 Iprotocol:0x50
          Sep 8 08:05:35 KURO-BOX murasaki.usb[207]: MATCH( usb-storage) ->
          match_flags:0x380 vendor:0x0 product:0x0 Dclass:0x0 Dsubclass:0x0
          Dprotocol:0x0 Iclass:0x8 Isubclass:0x6 Iprotocol:0x50

          But the script associed to device "usb-storage" is not executed !

          murakasi.call seems to be ok (usb-storage: mount_sd.sh) but
          mount_sd.sh is not executed ...

          I'll keep trying to make this works (i'm really not far), and i'll
          tell you here if anyone is interested in what i'm doing ...

          Sylver

          PS : just a question for people with a linkstation (i know there are
          some in this goup :op )=> when plugging an USB drive, do you see it
          in windows shared directories ?
        • chano22000
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 8, 2005
            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "snatcher93"
            <snatcher93@r...> wrote:

            > PS : just a question for people with a linkstation (i know there are
            > some in this goup :op )=> when plugging an USB drive, do you see it
            > in windows shared directories ?

            Hi Sylver,

            The answer to your question is yes as soon as the "Use the USB Disk as
            a Shared Folder" option is enabled in the "USB setup" menu of the LS
            web admin interface. In this case, samba maps the root of the USB disk
            as "usbdisk1" share.

            Note that if I hotplug the USB disk (a Buffalo DriveStation in my
            case), I get what is probably a bus error (disk busy indicator remains
            steadily on). As far as I remember the LS detects an USB device but
            the drive is not identified nor mounted. I therefore need to reboot
            the LS. In other words, the drive has to be on before the LS boots.

            If I turn the drive off while the LS is on, the device seems to be
            correctly unmounted and samba is restarted with an updated
            configuration file where /mnt2/usbdisk1 is no more mapped.

            Hope this help your investigations.

            Regards.

            Philippe Deysine
          • snatcher93
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 8, 2005
              Thanks a lot for answering ! It's giving me a lot of informations
              about what the script is able to do (i saw in the mount script that
              when mounting an USB drive, there is some refresh in the samba and
              appletalk configuration files (and each daemon are restarted) !

              It looks like there is a problem with hotplug for you too, i may
              consider recompiling the latest version of murakasi then to see if
              it's working better ...

              Just a last question : is a flash usb storage mounted the same way an
              USB drive is ? (i mean : do you see it in shares too ?)

              Thanks again !

              Sylver

              --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "chano22000"
              <philippe.deysine@l...> wrote:
              > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "snatcher93"
              > <snatcher93@r...> wrote:
              > >
              > > PS : just a question for people with a linkstation (i know there
              are
              > > some in this goup :op )=> when plugging an USB drive, do you see
              it
              > > in windows shared directories ?
              >
              > Hi Sylver,
              >
              > The answer to your question is yes as soon as the "Use the USB Disk
              as
              > a Shared Folder" option is enabled in the "USB setup" menu of the
              LS
              > web admin interface. In this case, samba maps the root of the USB
              disk
              > as "usbdisk1" share.
              >
              > Note that if I hotplug the USB disk (a Buffalo DriveStation in my
              > case), I get what is probably a bus error (disk busy indicator
              remains
              > steadily on). As far as I remember the LS detects an USB device but
              > the drive is not identified nor mounted. I therefore need to reboot
              > the LS. In other words, the drive has to be on before the LS boots.
              >
              > If I turn the drive off while the LS is on, the device seems to be
              > correctly unmounted and samba is restarted with an updated
              > configuration file where /mnt2/usbdisk1 is no more mapped.
              >
              > Hope this help your investigations.
              >
              > Regards.
              >
              > Philippe Deysine
            • Bertram Doerfler
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 8, 2005

                As far as I remember, there was a restart necessary when I plugged in a usb drive. No automated mounting. I converted to debian and haven’t tried a hotplug since…

                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 8, 2005
                  Then, this is obviously a bug, as all is present to allow automount
                  (kernel compiled with good options, murasaki catching hotplug events
                  (connect/disconnect), mount script that got some specific parts to
                  handle a call from the startup script or from murasaki handler, dynamic
                  samba/netatalk sharing update ...
                  But if it's not working on a linkstation, it won't work on my
                  kurobox ... So, i have to found what the problem is ;)

                  Thanks,

                  Sylver
                  --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Bertram Doerfler"
                  <ernie73@g...> wrote:
                  > As far as I remember, there was a restart necessary when I plugged in
                  a usb
                  > drive. No automated mounting. I converted to debian and haven't tried
                  > hotplug since.
                • snatcher93
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 9, 2005
                    I installed latest murasaki stable version (0.8.11), but the mount
                    script is still not running when inserting an usb drive :(
                    But i was able to make the 'samba/appletalk sharing updating' enabled
                    by replacing my '/bin/mkcode' by the one in the linkstation :)

                    I think that i'll ask some help from the author of murasaki, if i got
                    the clue of the problem, i'll tell you as there is a similar problem
                    on the linkstation ;)

                    Sylver

                    <snatcher93@r...> wrote:
                    > Then, this is obviously a bug, as all is present to allow automount
                    > (kernel compiled with good options, murasaki catching hotplug
                    events
                    > (connect/disconnect), mount script that got some specific parts to
                    > handle a call from the startup script or from murasaki handler,
                    dynamic
                    > samba/netatalk sharing update ...
                    > But if it's not working on a linkstation, it won't work on my
                    > kurobox ... So, i have to found what the problem is ;)
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Sylver
                    > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Bertram Doerfler"
                    > <ernie73@g...> wrote:
                    > > As far as I remember, there was a restart necessary when I
                    plugged in
                    > a usb
                    > > drive. No automated mounting. I converted to debian and haven't
                    tried
                    > > hotplug since.
                  • downlalaway
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 9, 2005
                      Hi Sylver,

                      I have an LS1 running Debian, and get pretty good connection to a usb
                      hard drive (and most other devices) using usb 2 -as in
                      http://linkstationwiki.org/Articles/DebianUSBDevices . I didn't use
                      the LS OS for more than a few days.

                      To be honest never tried to get automount operating since very rarely
                      use it. The debian I have has no /etc/murasaki just a usb-storage.o
                      driver under
                      /lib/modules/2.4.17_mvl21-sandpoint/kernel/drivers/usb/storage
                      These modules have been fudged in using a mix of ls and kuro-box
                      drivers, autofs and hotplug installed through apt-get.
                      kuro-box.com still seems to be down -I take it you've looked at
                      linkstationwiki?
                      I know little about the drivers or how to build a set but others do
                      and would like to build a better one - as in
                      http://linkstationwiki.org/forum/2_198_0.html

                      I'm also told that hotplug doesn't work well on 2.4.17 (until 2.6) so
                      that's the reason a reboot often makes it work. In which case
                      automounting may be unreliable in practice. Also mine mounts only with
                      mount -t vfat /dev/sda /mnt/mntpoint whereas most would suggest
                      /dev/sda1 would be more suitable. Whether this is a bug or just a
                      strangeness of the modules mix?

                      <snatcher93@r...> wrote:
                      > I installed latest murasaki stable version (0.8.11), but the mount
                      > script is still not running when inserting an usb drive :(
                      > But i was able to make the 'samba/appletalk sharing updating' enabled
                      > by replacing my '/bin/mkcode' by the one in the linkstation :)
                      >
                      > I think that i'll ask some help from the author of murasaki, if i got
                      > the clue of the problem, i'll tell you as there is a similar problem
                      > on the linkstation ;)
                      >
                      > Sylver
                      >
                      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "snatcher93"
                      > <snatcher93@r...> wrote:
                      > > Then, this is obviously a bug, as all is present to allow automount
                      > > (kernel compiled with good options, murasaki catching hotplug
                      > events
                      > > (connect/disconnect), mount script that got some specific parts to
                      > > handle a call from the startup script or from murasaki handler,
                      > dynamic
                      > > samba/netatalk sharing update ...
                      > > But if it's not working on a linkstation, it won't work on my
                      > > kurobox ... So, i have to found what the problem is ;)
                      > >
                      > > Thanks,
                      > >
                      > > Sylver
                      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Bertram Doerfler"
                      > > <ernie73@g...> wrote:
                      > > > As far as I remember, there was a restart necessary when I
                      > plugged in
                      > > a usb
                      > > > drive. No automated mounting. I converted to debian and haven't
                      > tried
                      > > > hotplug since.
                    • snatcher93
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 10, 2005
                        Well, I was able to make this works well ! For this i had to :
                        - correct the startup script error (space missed) => it won't run
                        murasaki if you don't correct that !
                        - recompile murasaki telling him that the scripts were in
                        /etc/murasaki/bin
                        - replace the murasaki.usbmap file by the one with the source (very
                        important !) and update the .call file to match the device type given
                        in the .usbmap

                        Now it's perfect : when i switch on/off my usb drive, it mounts
                        it/unmount it and update samba/appletalk sharing ! I just have to make
                        this works with usb flash storage now ;)

                        I hope i'll help people that would like to do the same ;)
                        If you want to pick up some files, you can get my system image here :
                        http://www.kurobox.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=708

                        C U

                        Sylver
                        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "downlalaway"

                      • chano22000
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 11, 2005
                          Hello again,

                          Congratulations Silver for your job !

                          I've just uploaded your v3 image which you mention is intended only
                          for the Kurobox HG.
                          I own a standard PPC LS (HD-HLAN) which is more or less a standard
                          Kurobox with two USB ports.
                          I am very interested using your image to only update the
                          USB/Murasaki related files of my stock firmware.

                          1) Do you have reason to think that the updates you have made would
                          not run on my Linkstation ? (are the two USB handled or does it
                          require some further adaptation ?)
                          2) Which are the files/directories, I need to copy/update from your
                          image ?

                          Thank you very much in advance for you help and "How to".

                          Philippe Deysine (chano22000)

                          <snatcher93@r...> wrote:
                          > Well, I was able to make this works well ! For this i had to :
                          > - correct the startup script error (space missed) => it won't run
                          > murasaki if you don't correct that !
                          > - recompile murasaki telling him that the scripts were in
                          > /etc/murasaki/bin
                          > - replace the murasaki.usbmap file by the one with the source (very
                          > important !) and update the .call file to match the device type
                          given
                          > in the .usbmap
                          >
                          > Now it's perfect : when i switch on/off my usb drive, it mounts
                          > it/unmount it and update samba/appletalk sharing ! I just have to
                          make
                          > this works with usb flash storage now ;)
                          >
                          > I hope i'll help people that would like to do the same ;)
                          > If you want to pick up some files, you can get my system image
                          here :
                          > http://www.kurobox.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=708
                          >
                          > C U
                          >
                          > Sylver
                        • snatcher93
                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 11, 2005
                            Thanks ;)
                            You can get the files i updated on my kurobox to make all that thing
                            works (it's really amazing that people at Buffalo were not able to
                            make this works correctly ! Ok it took me a long time, but, hey that's
                            not my job ! I'm quite new to linux world). Get that file :
                            http://sylver78.free.fr/kurobox/murasaki_kuro.tar.gz
                            upload it in the root directory of your linkstation (general remark :
                            do this only on PPC based hardware, not MIPS !) and "tar xzfv
                            murasaki_kuro.tar.gz" in the root directory. Reboot and it should work ;)
                            In the original mounting script, only 1 USB device was handled (line
                            to handle second usb devices were in comment), as there is also 2 USB
                            connectors in the KuroBox HG, i modified the script so it can handle 2
                            USB drives devices ;)

                            Tell us if it works (it should ;)

                            <philippe.deysine@l...> wrote:
                            > Hello again,
                            >
                            > Congratulations Silver for your job !
                            >
                            > I've just uploaded your v3 image which you mention is intended only
                            > for the Kurobox HG.
                            > I own a standard PPC LS (HD-HLAN) which is more or less a standard
                            > Kurobox with two USB ports.
                            > I am very interested using your image to only update the
                            > USB/Murasaki related files of my stock firmware.
                            >
                            > 1) Do you have reason to think that the updates you have made would
                            > not run on my Linkstation ? (are the two USB handled or does it
                            > require some further adaptation ?)
                            > 2) Which are the files/directories, I need to copy/update from your
                            > image ?
                            >
                            > Thank you very much in advance for you help and "How to".
                            >
                            > Philippe Deysine (chano22000)
                            >

                            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "snatcher93"
                            > <snatcher93@r...> wrote:
                            > > Well, I was able to make this works well ! For this i had to :
                            > > - correct the startup script error (space missed) => it won't run
                            > > murasaki if you don't correct that !
                            > > - recompile murasaki telling him that the scripts were in
                            > > /etc/murasaki/bin
                            > > - replace the murasaki.usbmap file by the one with the source (very
                            > > important !) and update the .call file to match the device type
                            > given
                            > > in the .usbmap
                            > >
                            > > Now it's perfect : when i switch on/off my usb drive, it mounts
                            > > it/unmount it and update samba/appletalk sharing ! I just have to
                            > make
                            > > this works with usb flash storage now ;)
                            > >
                            > > I hope i'll help people that would like to do the same ;)
                            > > If you want to pick up some files, you can get my system image
                            > here :
                            > > http://www.kurobox.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=708
                            > >
                            > > C U
                            > >
                            > > Sylver
                          • quimmfy
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 16, 2005
                              Funny you should say that i'm having exactly the same problem with
                              my linkstation. I'm trying to get 2 usb hdds working, i've edited
                              the mount_sd.sh to accept two hdds but when i turn them on it
                              doesn't mount them as windows shares.

                              Is this a common problem? And has anyone else experienced it?

                              Thanks

                              <ernie73@g...> wrote:
                              > As far as I remember, there was a restart necessary when I plugged
                              in a usb
                              > drive. No automated mounting. I converted to debian and haven't
                              tried a
                              > hotplug since.
                              >

                              > _____

                              t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communi

                              cation+and+networking&w2=Buffalo+linkstation&w3=Wireless+communicatio
                              n+and+n
                              > etworking&c=3&s=102&.sig=FI1hDus-Kg_Fc-ah27gPDQ> and networking
                              >
                              > Buffalo
                              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                              t=ms&k=Buffalo+linkstation&w1=Communication+an

                              d+networking&w2=Buffalo+linkstation&w3=Wireless+communication+and+net
                              working
                              > &c=3&s=102&.sig=JuNxhUybHVSskKc672IyrA> linkstation
                              >
                              > Wireless
                              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                              t=ms&k=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w

                              1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Buffalo+linkstation&w3=Wireless+com
                              municat
                              > ion+and+networking&c=3&s=102&.sig=hf7OqG0BCqzOtbSlUM9Fmg>
                              communication and
                              > networking
                              >

                              > _____
                              >
                              > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                              >

                              > * Visit your group "LinkStation_General
                              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LinkStation_General> " on the web.

                              subject=Unsubscribe>

                              > _____
                            • quimmfy
                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 16, 2005
                                dude it might be worth writing a howto on this topic, i'm having
                                trouble getting two usb hdds to work with my mips linkstation.

                                Thanks

                                <snatcher93@r...> wrote:
                                > Then, this is obviously a bug, as all is present to allow
                                automount
                                > (kernel compiled with good options, murasaki catching hotplug
                                events
                                > (connect/disconnect), mount script that got some specific parts to
                                > handle a call from the startup script or from murasaki handler,
                                dynamic
                                > samba/netatalk sharing update ...
                                > But if it's not working on a linkstation, it won't work on my
                                > kurobox ... So, i have to found what the problem is ;)
                                >
                                > Thanks,
                                >
                                > Sylver
                                > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Bertram Doerfler"
                                > <ernie73@g...> wrote:
                                > > As far as I remember, there was a restart necessary when I
                                plugged in
                                > a usb
                                > > drive. No automated mounting. I converted to debian and haven't
                                tried
                                > > hotplug since.
                              • snatcher93
                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 22, 2005
                                  I can tell what i changed to make things works (so you can try to do
                                  the same in the linkstation v2) :
                                  - I get murasaki sources
                                  http://www.dotaster.com/~shuu/linux/murasaki/0.8/11/murasaki-
                                  0.8.11.tar.gz
                                  - I changed the scripts directory to /etc/murasaki/bin and compiled
                                  (in make.defs, i changed "SCRIPT_DIR=/usr/lib/$(LM)"
                                  to "SCRIPT_DIR=/etc/murasaki/bin"), but putting script
                                  in /usr/lib/murasaki should be enought (maybe no need to recompile).
                                  - I replaced the /etc/murasaki/murasaki.usbmap with the one provided
                                  with murasaki source code
                                  - I uncommented some lines in /etc/murasaki/bin/sd_mount.sh so the
                                  script can handle 2 HDD devices. (get the script from my archive
                                  posted in a previous message to check what i changed ;)

                                  If things do not works, you can check what's wrong by :
                                  - Checking syslog (/var/log/messages)
                                  - Starting the script from shell : "/etc/init.d/murasaki stop"
                                  & "/etc/init.d/murasaki start" and check the output ;)

                                  Hope this may help you !

                                  Sylver

                                  --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "quimmfy" <quimmfy@y...>
                                  wrote:
                                  > dude it might be worth writing a howto on this topic, i'm having
                                  > trouble getting two usb hdds to work with my mips linkstation.
                                  >
                                  > Thanks
                                  >
                                  > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "snatcher93"
                                  > <snatcher93@r...> wrote:
                                  > > Then, this is obviously a bug, as all is present to allow
                                  > automount
                                  > > (kernel compiled with good options, murasaki catching hotplug
                                  > events
                                  > > (connect/disconnect), mount script that got some specific parts
                                  > > handle a call from the startup script or from murasaki handler,
                                  > dynamic
                                  > > samba/netatalk sharing update ...
                                  > > But if it's not working on a linkstation, it won't work on my
                                  > > kurobox ... So, i have to found what the problem is ;)
                                  > >
                                  > > Thanks,
                                  > >
                                  > > Sylver
                                  > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Bertram Doerfler"
                                  > > <ernie73@g...> wrote:
                                  > > > As far as I remember, there was a restart necessary when I
                                  > plugged in
                                  > > a usb
                                  > > > drive. No automated mounting. I converted to debian and haven't
                                  > tried
                                  > > > hotplug since.
                                • johnnykwc
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Oct 1, 2005
                                    I followed the same instructions to change the path and recompiled.
                                    But when I ran "/etc/init.d/murasaki start" I got an error:

                                    root@KURO_FS250:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/murasaki start
                                    modprobe: Can't open dependencies file
                                    /lib/modules/2.4.17_mvl21/modules.dep (No such file or directory)
                                    mv: cannot stat `/etc/fstab.murasaki_save': No such file or directory

                                    Any ideas?

                                    Thanks!

                                    Johnny

                                    <snatcher93@r...> wrote:
> [...]
                                    > > that's the reason a reboot often makes it work. In which case
                                    > > automounting may be unreliable in practice. Also mine mounts only with
                                    > > mount -t vfat /dev/sda /mnt/mntpoint whereas most would suggest
                                    > > /dev/sda1 would be more suitable. Whether this is a bug or just a
                                    > > strangeness of the modules mix?
                                    > >

                                    > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "snatcher93"
                                    > > <snatcher93@r...> wrote:
                                    > > > I installed latest murasaki stable version (0.8.11), but the mount
                                    > > > script is still not running when inserting an usb drive :(
                                    > > > But i was able to make the 'samba/appletalk sharing updating'
                                    enabled
                                    > > > by replacing my '/bin/mkcode' by the one in the linkstation :)
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I think that i'll ask some help from the author of murasaki, if
                                    i got
                                    > > > the clue of the problem, i'll tell you as there is a similar

                                  • snatcher93
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Oct 2, 2005
                                      On my kurobox, i do have a file called
                                      /lib/modules/2.4.17_mvl21/modules.dep ! Do you use your original
                                      murasaki script, or the one from my kurobox ? (it may be a bad idea to
                                      use my scripts, it should be better to start using the original
                                      scripts first !)
                                      You should check /var/log/messages file, it may contain usefull
                                      informations on what's happening !
                                      Good luck,

                                      Sylver

                                      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "johnnykwc"

                                    • johnnykwc
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Oct 11, 2005
                                        Can you post your image here?
                                        I cannot get it from kurobox.com.
                                        BTW I have the KuroBox HG. Maybe the image is different.

                                        Thanks!

                                        Johnny