Re: OpenLink. Cannot run any commands (vi etc)

  • isaak_montoya
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2005
      1. You need to start SSH by yourself.
      a.set root password:

      bash-2.05a# passwd
      Enter new UNIX password:
      Retype new UNIX password:
      passwd: password updated successfully

      b.generate dss & ras key and then start ssh server:

      bash-2.05a# dropbearkey -t dss -f /etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key
      bash-2.05a# dropbearkey -t rsa -f /etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key
      bash-2.05a# /etc/init.d/dropbear start
      Starting Dropbear SSH server: dropbear.

      2. I don't know why. I have vi and gunzip commands.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "fergusenak"
      <ferguskane@h...> wrote:
      > I apologise if this is something stupid.
      >
      > I have just installed the latest openlink firmware on my MIPS 250
      > linkstation. I've followed the instructions from the readme.
      > However, I have a few problems:
      >
      > 1. I can't connect by SSH. There is no response.
      >
      > 2. I can only run the most basic commands when I telnet in (cannot
      > run vi or gunzip for example.
      >
      > Can someone please explain where my mistake lies?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Fergus
    • fergusenak
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2005
        Thanks very much for that... the dropbear start is not in the
        instructions.

        The vi and gunzip commands are in the bin directory, but when I try
        and run them I get 'command not found'. Can you think of any reasons
        for this?

        Thanks

        Fergus

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "isaak_montoya"