OpenLink. Cannot run any commands (vi etc)

  • fergusenak
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5 2:25 PM
      I apologise if this is something stupid.

      I have just installed the latest openlink firmware on my MIPS 250
      linkstation. I've followed the instructions from the readme.
      However, I have a few problems:

      1. I can't connect by SSH. There is no response.

      2. I can only run the most basic commands when I telnet in (cannot
      run vi or gunzip for example.

      Can someone please explain where my mistake lies?

      Thanks

      Fergus
    • isaak_montoya
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6 8:16 PM
        1. You need to start SSH by yourself.
        a.set root password:

        bash-2.05a# passwd
        Enter new UNIX password:
        Retype new UNIX password:
        passwd: password updated successfully

        b.generate dss & ras key and then start ssh server:

        bash-2.05a# dropbearkey -t dss -f /etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key
        bash-2.05a# dropbearkey -t rsa -f /etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key
        bash-2.05a# /etc/init.d/dropbear start
        Starting Dropbear SSH server: dropbear.

        2. I don't know why. I have vi and gunzip commands.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "fergusenak"
        <ferguskane@h...> wrote:
        > I apologise if this is something stupid.
        >
        > I have just installed the latest openlink firmware on my MIPS 250
        > linkstation. I've followed the instructions from the readme.
        > However, I have a few problems:
        >
        > 1. I can't connect by SSH. There is no response.
        >
        > 2. I can only run the most basic commands when I telnet in (cannot
        > run vi or gunzip for example.
        >
        > Can someone please explain where my mistake lies?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Fergus
      • fergusenak
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7 2:38 PM
          Thanks very much for that... the dropbear start is not in the
          instructions.

          The vi and gunzip commands are in the bin directory, but when I try
          and run them I get 'command not found'. Can you think of any reasons
          for this?

          Thanks

          Fergus

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "isaak_montoya"