Re: Files larger than 2 Gigs

  • haberschnasel
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2005
      <wartstew@y...> wrote:
      > Related to this, I have my question/problem. How can I get a file
      > that is over 2 Gigs in size copied from my LS through a network
      > connection? I can't seem to do it with ether Samba, NFS, or FTP. Is
      > there some special configuration for it that I need to do or another
      > protocol I haven't thought of (like the ancient "uucp")?

      James, I use a LS1 with fw 1.45_13 and connect to its SMB shares with
      WinXP. I copied the 4 Gig "Night of the living dead" MPEG from
      archive.org without problems to and from my LS, if I remember things
      right (I could have used my USB drive to copy it to the LS, though.
      But I do not think so).
    • James Ronald
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2005
        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "James Stewart"
        > <wartstew@y...> wrote:
        >> Related to this, I have my question/problem. How can I get a file
        >> that is over 2 Gigs in size copied from my LS through a network
        >> connection? I can't seem to do it with ether Samba, NFS, or FTP. Is
        >> there some special configuration for it that I need to do or another
        >> protocol I haven't thought of (like the ancient "uucp")?
        >
        > James, I use a LS1 with fw 1.45_13 and connect to its SMB shares with
        > WinXP. I copied the 4 Gig "Night of the living dead" MPEG from
        > archive.org without problems to and from my LS, if I remember things
        > right (I could have used my USB drive to copy it to the LS, though.
        > But I do not think so).

        James,

        I copy files > 2GB to my Kuro HG running Debian regularly as most of the
        movies I rip are a little larger than 2GB. The largest so far being
        2,674,239KB "National Treasure". I have not done much with my Linkstation
        but help test Freelink since purchasing the Kuro.

        JR