Re: [LinkStation_General] Big THANKS to Marc Field!!!

  • Schelte Bron
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2005
      On Sunday 28 August 2005 04:49, onkel98 wrote:
      > I came across one little issue, though. Initially, the
      > startup script wasn't working. After checking the
      > /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/ directory, I found another process that was
      > using S95 already. So, I renamed S95slimserver to
      > S96slimserver and everything works great now.

      Nice that everything works for you now, but the fact that there
      was "another process using S95 already" could not have been the
      reason it was not working before. The number does nothing else
      than make sure the scripts get executed in the right order when
      the file names are sorted alphabetically.

      I have three scripts with names starting with S95: S95ppc_uartd,
      S95slimserver and S95svnd. I've listed them alphabetically so
      that's also going to be the order they will be executed when
      switching to runlevel 2. Judging from the PIDs of the processes
      involved that's indeed what happened (the PIDs are in ascending
      order):
      root 246 0.0 0.0 1428 40 ? S 10:49
      0:00 /usr/sbin/ppc_uartd
      root 257 2.8 8.3 34568 5232 ? S 10:50 18:18
      slimserver
      root 261 0.0 0.9 4420 620 ? S 10:50
      0:00 /usr/local/bin/svnserve -d -r /mnt/svn

      My slimserver starts without problems on boot using this setup.
      So indeed, thanks Marc.

      Schelte.