Messed up Debian on LS2?

  • gkraemer_de
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2005
      Hello to everyone!

      i try to debianice my linkstation using the debil script from
      marge/balimbabullabe . Everthing worked fine (except opening my box
      and seting the network address to static) and i hoped to get a full
      working Debian. But something is wrong. For I am a linux/debian
      newbie i desperatly seek for your help.

      The first thing i encountered was a not working webmin. So i checked
      the webmin log:

      # vi var/log/webmin/miniserv.error

      [21/Aug/2005:02:38:48 +0200] miniserv.pl started
      [21/Aug/2005:02:38:48 +0200] PAM authentication enabled
      Can't locate auto/POSIX/getpid.al in @INC (@INC
      contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/l
      ib/perl/5.8.7 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/p
      erl5 /usr/l
      ib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .)
      at /usr/share/webmin
      /miniserv.pl line 442

      I started looking for getpid.al and found it at:

      ./usr/lib/perl/5.8.7/auto/POSIX/getpid.al

      I decided, that instead of messing up any scripts i simply reinstall
      webmin:

      # apt-get install webmin
      E: Cannot get debconf version. Is debconf installed?
      dpkg: configuration error: unknown option log: Success

      Ok ... debconf - why not reinstalling it too to get things working
      again:

      # apt-get install debconf
      E: Cannot get debconf version. Is debconf installed?
      dpkg: configuration error: unknown option log: Success

      Actually i can't install anything (tried VNC-Server and got the same
      error)

      Now I ran out of Ideas. It seems to me that something elementary in
      my debian system is wrong.

      Any suggestions?

      Thanks for helping ...

      Gordon

      P.S.: I even switched back to the linkstation environment, deleted
      debian and ran the debil script. Same result :-(