How to get rid off the info folder?

  • onkel98
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2005
      Just stumbled upon this amazing group and applied the telnet root
      access hack right away. Worked out nicely.
      I was just wondering, how to get rid off the info folder that shows up
      under \\Linkstation. In a telnet session, I tried to delete
      the /mnt2/info directory (which disappeared), but obvioulsy that was
      just linked. So, when looking at the Linkstation with Explorer, it is
      still there and I can't find any hints of ot anywhere else.
      Any ideas?
      Thx.
    • itimpi50
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2005
        The entry visible under explorer is from the corresponding entry in
        the /etc/samba/smb.conf file used to configure samba. The problem is
        that somewhere in the LinkStation software it regularily recreates the
        smb.conf file, so simply deleting it from there and restarting samba is
        not sufficient.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "onkel98" <onkel98@y...>