Re: LinkStation 120 Hard Drive Upgrade

  • calvin954
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2004
      Great info. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of firmware 1.3. Do
      you happen to know where I can get a copy or of any newer bug free
      version? Thanks again.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, James Stewart
      <wartstew@y...> wrote:
      > You do need to *install* (upgrade, or reinstall old)
      > firmware after changing the drive because most of the
      > Linkstation OS resides on the hard drive with only a
      > minimal system in flash-RAM used mainly for installing
      > the rest of the firmware.
      >
      > The Linkstation will likely reformat the drive because
      > it can't use NTFS and will put it's own file system on
      > it instead (Ext-3). If it has any trouble doing any
      > of this, try deleting any existing partitions first.
      >
      > --- calvin954 <calvinii@a...> wrote:
      >

      > > Hope someone can assist. After reading hard drive
      > > upgrade posts. I
      > > decided to replace the 120 with a WD 250G drive.
      > > Drive is new but
      > > formatted in Windows NTSF. BTW firmware is 1.30.
      > > After installing
      > > new drive I am unable to link to the drive under
      > > windows. IP setup
      > > utility recognizes drive but is unable to assign an
      > > IP address. I
      > > assumed that once I linked to the unit I could
      > > format new drive and
      > > be up and running. Do I need to upgrade firmware
      > > for this to work?
      > > Any assistance would be appreciated.
      > >

      > =====
      > Having another person's trust is more powerful than all other
      management techniques put together. I have no legal or explicit
      power. I only have the power of having people's trust -- but that's
      a lot of power.