Re: KAId (Multiplayer server for XBOX) on kuro/LS

  • snatcher93
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12, 2005
      I just figured out that you need to compile the application as a
      static application if you want to run it on a clean kuro/LS (dynamic
      executable will look for some library that the
      system may not have, and then it'll refuse to run!)

      My file should now run on any kurobox/linkstation V1 (if someone
      could confirm, i'll create a clean binary package with legal stuff in
      it) !
      Updated file still the same url :
      http://sylver78.free.fr/kurobox/packages/kaid.tar.gz (it's kaid
      v7.0.0.5)

      I updated my script to create a static executable (btw you'll need to
      install wget and maybe some other applications to be able to run
      this) :

      echo "Install kaid"
      cd /usr/local/src
      wget http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/binary/7005base.zip
      mkdir kaid && cd kaid
      unzip ../7005base.zip && rm ../7005base.zip
      wget http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/SocketCC/pthreadcc_1_11.tgz
      tar xvzf pthreadcc_1_11.tgz && rm pthreadcc_1_11.tgz && cd pthreadcc
      make all && make install
      cd ..
      wget http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/SocketCC/socketcc_1_38.tgz
      tar xvzf socketcc_1_38.tgz && rm socketcc_1_38.tgz && cd socketcc
      make all && make install
      cd ..
      wget
      http://ovh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/libpcap/libpcap-0.8.1.tar.gz
      tar xvzf libpcap-0.8.1.tar.gz && rm libpcap-0.8.1.tar.gz && mv
      libpcap-0.8.1 libpcap && cd libpcap
      ./configure && make && make install
      cd ..
      perl -i -pe 's/x86/ppc/g' Makefile
      perl -i -pe 's/ macosx_jaguar/ linux/g' Makefile
      perl -i -pe 's/libpcap\/fad-getad.o/libpcap\/fad-gifc.o/g' Makefile
      perl -i -pe 's/#STATIC/STATIC/g' Makefile
      make
      cp kaid.conf /etc
      cp kaid /usr/bin
      cd .. && rm -rf kaid

      See you,

      Sylver

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Nick Pappas
      <nwpappas@g...> wrote:
      > Thanks. I'll look at it for the LinkStation2 (MIPS) tonight or
      this weekend.