Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: How to setup a regular web page access?

  • Roy M. Silvernail
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 6 11:01 AM
      Quoting johnnypirish <irishjohnnyp-boards@...>:

      > Read up on wget. I think that maybe what you are looking for. It
      > will regularly download webpages/images.

      FWIW, this is exactly what I do to keep my dynamic domain up to date (though not
      on a LinkStation). I have a cron job that fires every 5 minutes, fetching a web
      page from my hosted site that discloses my current IP address. I compare that
      to the cached address from the last run, and if different, I fetch the magic
      URL from FreeDNS that updates my address. wget is the tool of choice.
      --
      Roy M. Silvernail is roy@..., and you're not
      "It's just this little chromium switch, here." - TFT
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 8 12:55 AM
        You might want to sign up with the dyndns service and take a look at
        the perl 3rd party clients for updating the IP address.

        http://www.dyndns.com/support/clients/third-party.html

        Actually it may be worth looking at the config for your router/modem
        as many of them already have a client built in for dyndns.org - You'd
        then get a URL like mylinky.dyndns.org or similar.

        Cheers,
        Al

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "f_massey" <fyahoo@a...>