Re: How do I set permissions in WinXP to be able to map Linkstation network driv

  • irvine_stock
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2004
      Well ALex
      I been there and done that. The tech support guy told me to enable
      netbios! ??? WTF I hear domains don't work if you are using that.
      The guy in Austin wanted me to RMA it. I didn't have time for that
      garbage. I was not the first one with that problem he said.
      Anyway I never got it to work so I sent it back to the store.

      I ordered a new one from buy.com with a drivestation and got an $80
      rebate. This new one has worked correctly.

      I need somebody to tell me how to install the hddtemp module.
      I know craig got it running (I think).
      I also want to add a UPS with USB connection for shutdown. Who got
      that running?
      I see people get stuff going but no description of how!
      Any help out there.

      Rich
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "apolinsk" <alik@s...>
      wrote:

      > Forgot one thing - I called Buffalo and they told me to upgrade
      > firmware to 1.44 which I did.
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "apolinsk" <alik@s...>
      wrote:

      > > Here is what I have done:
      > > 1. Connected LS - it has an assigned IP address, I can change
      root
      > > passwd, etc., through their web interface
      > > 2. I made both my PC and LS to belong to the same group - I can
      see
      > > both in the Network Places when I display places from the same
      > > workgroup. However if I right click on the LS drive, the Map
      Network