Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Terrastation software similar to LinkStation?

  • Air Dave
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 5 9:21 AM
      Excellent. I will check it out today and work on
      installing SlimServer onto the Terrastation in the
      next couple of days. I wonder how much ram the thing
      has and if it's going to choke on 58,000 Files being
      indexed by the server....

      Dave

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Air Dave
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 8 1:12 PM
        I tried to D/L the file, and it had a problem with the
        header of it..... It appeared corrupt, and I never
        have problems with tar-gzip files... Any ideas?

        Dave

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • itimpi50
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 9 6:02 AM
          Not sure. I did change the download file at one point last night so
          that could have been the problem. I think this evening I will
          change it to be a ZIP file which is more appropriate to Windows users
          (which you need to be to run the Firmware updater).

          wrote:
          > I tried to D/L the file, and it had a problem with the
          > header of it..... It appeared corrupt, and I never
          > have problems with tar-gzip files... Any ideas?
          >
          > Dave
          >
          > --- itimpi50 <itimpi50@y...> wrote:
          >
          > > I now have modified firmware that gives the
          > > TeraStation both telnet
          > > and root access :)
          > >
          > > For more details look at
          > > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/itimpi/buffalo.htm
          > >
          > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com,
          > > "itimpi50"
          > > <itimpi50@y...> wrote:
          > > > I am making progress. I now have a version of the
          > > Terastation
          > > > firmware that supports Telnet and I can login as
          > > the guest user.
          > > All
          > > > that is now outstanding is to work out how to get
          > > root access (or
          > > > allow the guest to edit the /etc/passwd file). I
          > > will probably do
          > > > this by hacking one of the standard scripts
          > > supplied for
          > > > administering the TeraStation to add a new option!
          > > >
          > > > Dave
          > > >
          > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Air
          > > Dave
          > > corner,
          > > to some
          > > supports
          > > through

          > > be
          > > Also, the
          > > and if
          > > It
          > > direct
          > > it at

          > > both
          > > differences

          > > rebuild
          > > hardware
          > > set
          > > the
          > > refresh
          > > full
          > > You

          > > finally get

          > > it's the
          > > you
          > > the
          > > > > > >

          > > http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation.html

          > > my

          > > page

          > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • Air Dave
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 9 10:08 AM
            Let me know when you have that done, as I don't want
            to waste your bandwidth if I can help it. You're
            going to do that to version 1.12 as well? Since 1.12
            is only from the Japanese site, is the interface in
            English? Please advise.

            Dave

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • itimpi50
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 9 11:06 PM
              Dave,

              The full downloads are now ZIP versions.

              Both the 1.08 and 1.12 versions are in English. It appears all
              firmware releases are in both languages - and after the update the
              TeraStation remembers what language you had before the update. The
              only component that was not in English was the actual Windows
              firmware updater program - and for that I simply took the one from
              the 1.08 release.

              wrote:
              > Let me know when you have that done, as I don't want
              > to waste your bandwidth if I can help it. You're
              > going to do that to version 1.12 as well? Since 1.12
              > is only from the Japanese site, is the interface in
              > English? Please advise.
              >
              > Dave
              >

              > --- itimpi50 <itimpi50@y...> wrote:
              >
              > > Not sure. I did change the download file at one
              > > point last night so
              > > that could have been the problem. I think this
              > > evening I will
              > > change it to be a ZIP file which is more appropriate
              > > to Windows users
              > > (which you need to be to run the Firmware updater).
              > >
              > > Dave
              > >
              > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Air Dave
              > > <lordboots@y...>
              > > wrote:
              > > > I tried to D/L the file, and it had a problem with
              > > the
              > > > header of it..... It appeared corrupt, and I
              > > never
              > > > have problems with tar-gzip files... Any ideas?
              > > >
              > > > Dave

              > > the
              > > as
              > > get
              > > option!

              > > Air
              > > talked
              > > just

              > > would
              > > dongles,
              > > :~)
              > > do a
              > > got

              > > are
              > > as

              > > any
              > > binary
              > > at
              > > the
              > > firmware
              > > its
              > > hours.

              > > LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com,
              > > if
              > > that
              > > onto

              > > my

              > > of

              > > home

              > > > Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home
              > > page
              > > > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

              > http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Air Dave
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 10 12:54 PM
                No dice, I get :
                The requested URL '/download/tera_112a_full.zip'
                resolves to a file which is marked executable but is
                not a CGI file; retrieving it is forbidden.

                Lemme know when you get the chance to change it.

                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              • itimpi50
                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 10 1:56 PM
                  Fixed in a moment. One trouble with working from Windows is
                  remebering that Samba is setting the 'x' bit on all files - I might
                  need to change the default mask so that it does not.

                  Always a problem as I cannot test this link from my own system - I
                  cannot get the route back to my system from the internet through my
                  firewall to work when I am already inside it!

                  <lordboots@y...> wrote:
                  > No dice, I get :
                  > The requested URL '/download/tera_112a_full.zip'
                  > resolves to a file which is marked executable but is
                  > not a CGI file; retrieving it is forbidden.
                  >
                  > Lemme know when you get the chance to change it.

                  > --- itimpi50 <itimpi50@y...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Not sure. I did change the download file at one
                  > > point last night so
                  > > that could have been the problem. I think this
                  > > evening I will
                  > > change it to be a ZIP file which is more appropriate
                  > > to Windows users
                  > > (which you need to be to run the Firmware updater).
                  > >
                  > > Dave
                  > >
                  > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Air Dave
                  > > <lordboots@y...>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > > I tried to D/L the file, and it had a problem with
                  > > the
                  > > > header of it..... It appeared corrupt, and I
                  > > never
                  > > > have problems with tar-gzip files... Any ideas?
                  > > >
                  > > > Dave

                  > > the
                  > > as
                  > > get
                  > > option!

                  > > Air
                  > > talked
                  > > just

                  > > would
                  > > dongles,
                  > > :~)
                  > > do a
                  > > got

                  > > are
                  > > as

                  > > any
                  > > binary
                  > > at
                  > > the
                  > > firmware
                  > > its
                  > > hours.

                  > > LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com,
                  > > if
                  > > that
                  > > onto

                  > > my

                  > > of

                  > > home

                  > > > Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home
                  > > page
                  > > > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

                  > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                • Air Dave
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 10 2:17 PM
                    Cool, 403 error gone, downloading now. Thanks.

                    Dave

                    --- itimpi50 <itimpi50@...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > internet through my
                    > firewall to work when I am already inside it!
                    >
                    > Dave
                    >
                    > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Air Dave
                    >
                    > <lordboots@y...> wrote:
                    > > No dice, I get :
                    > > The requested URL '/download/tera_112a_full.zip'
                    > > resolves to a file which is marked executable but
                    > is
                    > > not a CGI file; retrieving it is forbidden.
                    > >
                    > > Lemme know when you get the chance to change it.

                    > > --- itimpi50 <itimpi50@y...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > Not sure. I did change the download file at
                    > one
                    > > > point last night so
                    > > > that could have been the problem. I think this
                    > > > evening I will
                    > > > change it to be a ZIP file which is more
                    > appropriate
                    > > > to Windows users
                    > > > (which you need to be to run the Firmware

                    http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                  • Air Dave
                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 10 4:57 PM
                      Okay, so a stumbling along I go. I got into the
                      Terrastation with the new version 1.12 (thanks Dave).
                      It appears to have a Motorola processor (MIPS?). I
                      found
                      http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/perl-5.8.5-linkstation.tar.gz.
                      , but I think it's for the old PowerPC version of the
                      linkstation.

                      My ultimate goal here, of course is to put the
                      SlimServer onto my Terrastation. I have root now, I
                      guess the next is to see if I can update perl and put
                      the SlimServer code on it. Anybody have the MIPS
                      version of the new perl???

                      Dave

                      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                    • Trevor
                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 10 5:16 PM
                        wrote:
                        > Okay, so a stumbling along I go. I got into the
                        > Terrastation with the new version 1.12 (thanks Dave).
                        > It appears to have a Motorola processor (MIPS?). I

                        The TeraStation has a Motorola PowerPC processor.

                        - Trevor
                      • Air Dave
                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 10 5:28 PM
                          It does! So the perl at
                          http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/perl-5.8.5-linkstation.tar.gz.
                          should work. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for your
                          time.

                          Dave

                          --- Trevor <tman_yahoo@...> wrote:

                          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Air Dave
                          > <lordboots@y...>
                          > wrote:
                          > > Okay, so a stumbling along I go. I got into the
                          > > Terrastation with the new version 1.12 (thanks
                          > Dave).
                          > > It appears to have a Motorola processor (MIPS?).
                          >
                          > The TeraStation has a Motorola PowerPC processor.
                          >
                          > - Trevor

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • Air Dave
                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 11, 2005
                            Have you seen any wierdness with the .12 release? I
                            get a bunch of duplicate file names when I try to make
                            playlists in both the slimserver software and iTunes,
                            but not file copies.... Strange

                            It didn't do it from day one. Any thoughts?

                            Dave

                            http://mail.yahoo.com