Re: new user with questions

  • Dan Freidus
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2005
      Well, it came yesterday but there's no documentation about a Mac with
      it, not even how to do regular setup. I'll see what docs are on the
      buffalotech web site and go from there. It sounds as if waiting for
      your experience with Lighttpd and Sqlite will probably be the way to
      go, assuming that there won't be any hassles associated with having
      used it, other than making sure any files on it are also saved to my
      laptop's HD. (I plan on using one partition, if that's what "shares"
      are, for HD backup and then setting up a share for friends to FTP
      files to me which I can then load to a web server. But if eventually
      the linkstation can BE the web server, great.)

      I don't mind learning Linux but being realistic I know that I don't
      want to invest too much time.

      THanks,
      Dan

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Nick Pappas
      <nwpappas@g...> wrote:
      > The first step in adding a new webserver to your LinkStation is
      > gaining access to the root account. This is done, at the moment, by
      > updating your LinkStation with a modified version of the firmware
      > giving you a new account to the root account.
      >
      > As a Mac user, I am unclear how you can do this. There may be a Mac
      > update program available, but I've never seen one. Then again, I've
      > never really looked. If possible, it is easy to update and not
      > difficult to add a new webserver beyond that.
      >
      > You will have, in general, 3 choices to making a new webserver.
      You can: