Re: Please help LinkStation 250 crash

  • prb0x
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "vtr1k88"
      <philkinnjr@b...> wrote:
      > Correction I ran e2fsck -n /dev/hda3 from root in Knoppix.
      >
      > Knoppix returned e2fsck: Attempt to read block from filesystem
      > resulted in shrt read while trying to open /dev/hda3
      > Could this be a zero-length partition?
      >
      > I again ran ./fix_ext2_magic --fix /dev/hda3 from root in Knoppix.
      >
      > Knoppix returned: Can't open /dev/hda3
      >
      > What do you think?

      It sounds like you don't have a hda3 partition anymore. What does the
      following show?

      fdisk -l /dev/hda

      If there is no entry for hda3 then I think you might be very lucky as
      there is a way you can just reinsert the partition information.
      Though you need to get the start and end points from someone else
      using a LS with a 250GB drive - that shouldn't be too hard.