Re: [LinkStation_General] Unsubscribe Please

  • Nick Pappas
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 31, 2005
      You could easily send an email to the unscribe list, pointed out at
      the bottom of the emails and the LinkStation_General homepage.

      --
      Whatever you do - don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate
      yourself either.
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 2, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "vtr1k88"
        <philkinnjr@b...> wrote:
        > Correction I ran e2fsck -n /dev/hda3 from root in Knoppix.
        >
        > Knoppix returned e2fsck: Attempt to read block from filesystem
        > resulted in shrt read while trying to open /dev/hda3
        > Could this be a zero-length partition?
        >
        > I again ran ./fix_ext2_magic --fix /dev/hda3 from root in Knoppix.
        >
        > Knoppix returned: Can't open /dev/hda3
        >
        > What do you think?

        It sounds like you don't have a hda3 partition anymore. What does the
        following show?

        fdisk -l /dev/hda

        If there is no entry for hda3 then I think you might be very lucky as
        there is a way you can just reinsert the partition information.
        Though you need to get the start and end points from someone else
        using a LS with a 250GB drive - that shouldn't be too hard.