Switching on LinkStation I remotely.

  • Schelte Bron
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2005
      Is there any other way to switch on a LinkStation I than
      physically pressing the power button or scheduling it at a
      fixed time with the Disk Sleep function?

      My LinkStation is located in another room of the house and I
      would like to be able to remotely switch the unit on. I think
      this would be a fairly common situation. Is there some kind of
      wake on lan feature I could use, or a possibility to make the
      unit auto-boot when the power is applied?

      By the way, how bad is the problem of the fan wearing out? If I
      would use the Disk Sleep function to have the LinkStation
      running 8 hours a day, how long can I expect the fan to last?

      Thanks,
      Schelte.