Re: Slimserver On Ver 2 Linkstation

  • antony2047
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 28, 2005
      Well I've gone and got a LS2 and want to get the Slimserver onto it.

      I have flashed the Firmware to 2.05 with Telnet access, but thats
      about as far as I have got. When I telnet to the LS I get "bash-
      2.05a#"

      I have some questions that I hope someone maybe able to help me
      with. I have looked on the wiki.

      Do I need to do anything about changing the password or changing so
      I get the login when I telnet?

      Is it just a case of installing Mipsel Tool V3, Slimserver and then
      the MIPSelSlimServerModules? If so how and where are they installed?
      All from the wiki.

      Do I still need to the follow the guide by Mark D Field for
      installing Slimserver?

      Like I said my knowledge of Linux is zero so any help would be great.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "antony2047"