Re: Try to install 1.47 custom firmware

  • wedgemusic
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2005
      Taken from the FAQ:

      1. How can I change my LinkStation's firmware? The firmware updater
      won't allow me to!
      The version number for the firmware update is in the file
      linkstation_version.txt. Change this to something higher than the
      existing firmware version. The linkstation_version.txt firmware
      version number is only used for comparision to the existing firmware
      version number; the real firmware version is stored inside the flash
      firmware. Take precaution when downgrading from modified firmware to
      official firmware because there is version specific information (for
      example, passwords for extracting the firmware) that Buffalo
      Technology may be change with an update.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "irvine_stock"