Installing NFS Linkstation II

  • trainergt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2005
      Hello,

      i have read this article
      http://linkstationwiki.org/Articles/MIPSelNFSServer. Its very
      interesting. But therefor i have a question.

      This NFSServer didnt support Files bigger 2 GB. Is there any NFS
      Version for the Linkstation II available that can handly files bigger 2
      Gigabyte?

      Thanks for ur help.
    • willi_wakker
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "trainergt" <maik20@g...>
        wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > i have read this article
        > http://linkstationwiki.org/Articles/MIPSelNFSServer. Its very
        > interesting. But therefor i have a question.
        >
        > This NFSServer didnt support Files bigger 2 GB. Is there any NFS
        > Version for the Linkstation II available that can handly files
        bigger
        > 2 Gigabyte?

        Sorry, for the short answer, but I am at work.

        I think this was my try. I used the User-Mode NFS, which only
        supports NFS version 2, and that has the 2G limit.
        Advantage: ready-to-go modules from debian including start-scripts.

        Somebody from this forum (have to look up the Yahoo-Id) MIPS-compiled
        the missing rpc and nfs modules and programms for kernel-mode NFS,
        combined with some startfiles it works very good for me including big
        files. Give me this week to combine a package.

        The mentioned article is still usefull as an example how Debian
        packages can be used for Linkstation.