Help with startup script for 2nd installation of thttpd

  • maeuropa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2005
      Hello!

      I have created a 2nd installation of the webserver thttpd on my Kuro
      Box to host a personal website. This second installation is running
      on a different port. I have renamed the 2nd version of the program
      and config file mythttpd and mythttpd.conf.

      The program file is located in /opt/sbin/mythttpd and the config
      file is located in /opt/etc/mythttpd.conf.

      To manually launch I use /opt/sbin/mythttpd -
      C /opt/etc/mythttpd.conf. I would love for this to automatically
      start up when I turn on my Kuro Box but I'm having zero luck
      creating a script to do this (as I am a newbie at this). I believe
      that the files that launch the original version are located
      in /etc/init.d and /etc/rc.d/init.d, but I have had zero luck
      modifying copies of these to get it to launch the 2nd version.

      I have also linked my modified script to /etc/rc.d/rc2.d

      Can anyone help me with this or point me to where I should research
      how to create startup scripts?

      Thanks in advance!
      -A